Oct 2, 2011

Book Review: The Alias



Author: Mandi Tucker Slack
Genre: Suspense

About the Book:

Jacey Grayson is an average, young, divorced mother struggling to build a new life for her son, Blaze.  But when the FBI discloses some disturbing information about her ex-husband, Jacey's life becomes anything but average.  At the risk of losing her identity, her future, and her heart, Jacey and Blaze flee to Utah, hoping to hide and start over once again.  But no matter how far she runs or who she pretends to be, her past is always lurking nearby, bringing old fears with it.  Thrilling action and a suspenseful plot make this novel an edge-of-your-seat read.

My opinion:

I was very interested in reading The Alias.  It tackles the subject of domestic abuse, which is what my 2010 release, I'll Know You by Heart, was about.  It's always interesting to see how another author approaches a similar type of story.

The Alias is a true-to-life look at the emotions and fears that are inevitable as someone tries to escape an abusive situation.  I loved Jacey's character and found myself empathizing with her situation.  Mandi did a great job with pacing throughout this story.  The book catches your attention in the very first chapter and is hard to put down.

I appreciated the growth evident in Jacey and her son, Blaze.  Their experiences as they carved a new life for themselves were realistic and touching.  As a mother, I understood Jacey's desire to protect her son at all costs.  If you like a story that includes some heart-racing suspense as well as personal growth of the characters, I highly recommend The Alias.

To learn more about Mandi Tucker Slack, please visit her website.  The Alias is available for purchase on Amazon.  The Kindle edition is only $3.99 which is a great price for an LDS book!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also loved the book. Enjoyed your review. I always love reading reviews written by authors. It's so enlightening to see the things that authors notice about other people's writings.

Mandi Tucker Slack said...

Thank you so much for taking time to review my book! I loved your review! And thank you, Alice :)!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...