Aug 16, 2009

wedding stuff!

I'm writing this from Anaheim, California where Scott and I have spent the last week on our Honeymoon. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's been the best week of my life. We were talking last night at Disneyland while waiting for the fireworks show about how our married life thus far is even better than either of us had imagined.

So, what's the difference? Love. Silly and cliche? Maybe. But, true nonetheless. I love Scott with all my heart. He loves and accepts me for exactly who I am, yet inspires me to want to be better. I have never been more loved, pampered, and taken care of in my whole life. I am grateful for every second we have to spend together and look forward to eternity with him by my side.

Now, for the details. :)

We got married in my parents backyard. It was a beautiful, intimate setting with just a few close family members. Here's a picture of our new combined family of ten children (Hunter, Scott's oldest, is missing from the photo.)


And here's one with our parents.


After the ceremony we went to a park where my very good friend, Keith Fisher and his wife Wendy, had prepared an amazing Dutch oven meal for us which included pineapple glazed ham, corn on the cob, cheesy potatoes, and baked beans, and homemade rootbeer. It was absolutely amazing and everybody loved it! We can't thank him enough.


My oldest son, John, brought me this flower off his piece of cake. I thought it was a very sweet gesture and was touched by his thoughtfulness.


Scott and I left that night for Las Vegas, arriving in the wee hours of the morning. We spent a couple of days there and then drove to Anaheim. It's been a full week; Disneyland, swimming, shopping, good food, late nights watching movies or in the hot tub under the stars--but most of all just loving and enjoying one another. It's a week I'll never forget.

10 comments:

Karlene said...

Congratulations! Wish you all the best.

Nichole Giles said...

I'm so happy to know you finally have the life you deserve with a husband who will love and cherish you forever.

You truly, truly deserve the best out of life. Don't ever forget it!

Have a wonderful, safe trip home and hurry back to critique. We miss you here!

Nichole

Jenny P. said...

Yay for happy love! Congrats on the wedding and the lovely, lovely happiness. :)

Don said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. May it continue forever. Congratulations!

Valor - Day to Day said...

Valor Publishing wishes to offer our congratulations and great pleasure that you are so happy and have found the love of your life. May you have many happy years ahead filled with love and happiness.

Karen E. Hoover said...

I'm so happy for you, Kim! I hope every day is better than the last! (((hugs)))

Cindy Beck, author said...

Congratulations and best wishes. I'm so happy for you!

Tristi Pinkston said...

How fun to read all this, Kim!! I couldn't be happier for you.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

Rebecca Talley said...

Huge congratulations! That's so exciting. My son went on his honeymoon to Disneyland, too. Fun place to honeymoon! Good for you!!!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...