Nov 24, 2008

Be Thankful

I just came home from taking my daughter to a friends house. We took an unusual route and my daughter complained it was taking too long and questioned my decision to go that way. On the way home, I came back by the way we would have usually gone. There was a bad accident which delayed traffic for several miles.

Now, I'm not saying had we gone the way we usually go that we would have been involved in the accident, but it likely occurred at about the time we would have been passing by. Somehow, seeing someone else's suffering causes us to reflect on our own blessings.

With the approach of the Thanksgiving holiday, my thoughts have turned to things I have to be grateful for. I know this blog is departing from my usual subject, but since it will be posted on yourLDSneighborhood on Thanksgiving day, I thought I would take a little bit different approach. I appreciate your patience with my self-indulgence.

It’s been a difficult year for me, but as I look back, I realize I have much to be thankful for. My sweet children have stood by my side as I made choices that have affected their lives as much as my own. I appreciate their never ending support. My parents have stepped up and helped with things I’ve been unable to do for myself and I’ll be forever grateful.

I’m thankful for my association with Candace and the other people at yourLDSneighborhood. I appreciate the opportunity it has given me to develop my talents and share them with others. The growth I’ve experienced in the process is immeasurable.

My writing group deserves a big thank you as well. They push me to be better and support me in all aspects of my life. I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends. They’ve lifted me in ways they will never know. Thanks guys! I also have a few special friends, whom without their support, I would have completely fallen apart--you know who you are. Words cannot express what you have done for me this year. All I can say is thank you.

And I can’t forget my Father in Heaven. He unfailingly supports me in all I do. Even when I falter, he’s always there to pick me up, helps to dust me off and gives me a nudge in the right direction.

Take time this week to express thanks to those around you and your Heavenly Father for all the blessings in your life. It’s a hard world we live in and there are things going on around all of us that seem tough at times. With the love and support of loved ones you can make it through.

And don’t forget, the whole purpose of scrapbooking is to document and preserve precious memories to share with your loved ones now and future generations to come. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to create an album of thanks. Take pictures of all the things you are thankful for and create a small album. It will be fun to look back on and will help you realize you have an awful lot to be thankful for.

Return to the Neighborhood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...