A tradition here in Blogland dictates that when you reach 100 posts, you list 100 things about yourself. Well, this is my 100th post, so here goes--
My 100 things in no particular order:
1. I was born in October.
2. I grew up in Orem, Utah.
3. I got married when I was 17.
4. I had my first baby when I was 19.
5. The only other state I've lived in was Florida.
6. I lived there for 6 months.
7. I hated all the big bugs!!
8. I was relieved to come back to Utah.
9. I now have 6 kids, 3 girls and 3 boys.
10. My favorite colors are black and pink.
11. I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Management.
12. I own an online retail scrapbooking business.
13. I'm an aspiring LDS Fiction author.
14. I recently finished my first book.
15. I work as a transcriptionist at Brigham Young University.
16. I also work as a Digitial Preservation Specialist at The Generations Network. (Graveyard! Yuk!)
17. I'm almost single! (Long Story.)
18. I recently discovered Facebook and I'm having fun connecting with old friends.
19. I have the most awesome writing critique group ever!
20. I'm also a member of ANWA.
21. I used to trade Foreign Currency. (The market is too scary these days!)
22. I'm the only girl in my family.
23. I have two brothers.
24. I lived in a foster home for a while when I was 15.
25. I love Mexican food.
26. My favorite fruit is raspberries.
27. I love chocolate--the darker the better.
28. I like to cook.
29. I have burping contests with my 11 year old. (Gross! I know.)
30. My kids friends love me. (I'm cool, what can I say?)
31. I love to read.
32. Historical fiction is my favorite.
33. I've tried homeschooling, but found I wasn't very good at it.
34. I broke my elbow when I was 8 months pregnant.
35. I had surgery on it later.
36. I hate dogs!
37. I really hate dogs!
38. Okay, I admit it. Dogs scare me.
39. When I was a kid my mom would hear me screaming and running down the street and know I'd seen a dog. Did I mention don't like dogs?
40. I'm not really fond of any animals.
41. I play the piano.
42. I like to sing, but I'm not that great.
43. I have had up to four kids playing competition soccer at a time and watch TONS of soccer games every year.
44. I drive them to practice too.
45. Sometimes I think I should just paint taxi on the side of my car.
46. I really like to go on cruises.
47. My whole family runs marathons, and I'm determined to run with them someday.
48. I cut my head open falling off the merry-go-round when I was two.
49. If you knew my over-protective mother, you would never believe that could happen.
50. My dad must have been watching me.
51. My dad is my greatest hero.
52. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
53. I didn't go to church between the ages of 13 and 16.
54. I think it's really hard to think of 100 things about myself. :)
55. One of my favorite movies is "Savannah Smiles."
56. I like to keep things organized.
57. I hate to be late.
58. My house isn't always clean.
59. When my house is too clean, I'm ornery because I yell at everyone to keep it that way.
60. So I've decided everyone is happier with a little clutter.
61. I like to cook.
62. But I don't have a lot of time, so we've been eating way too many frozen things lately.
63. I'm determined to do better.
64. On my birthday in October, I promised myself this would be my year to get healthy again.
65. I'm making slow progress--but still--it's progress.
66. I'm stuck in the middle of a story. I think it's called writer's block. Ask my critique group? They'll tell you all about it.
67. I have to write a chapter for this week and I haven't started yet.
68. I spent Thanksgiving without my kids this week and it was sad. :( (The downside of divorce.)
69. But I get them for Christmas. :)
70. I'm intrigued by family history.
71. I'm related to Keith Fisher. We both have the same great, great, great, (not sure how many greats) grandfather. But we came from different plural wives.
72. I didn't graduate from high school with my class.
73. I graduated from the Adult high school after I was married.
74. I had four kids by the time I graduated from college.
75. I blog for yourLDSneighborhood.com.
76. I also write articles for wisegeek.com.
77. I recently got a blogging job with Prevention magazine. (Don't know the details yet.)
78. I also do some independent contract work for Morningside Partners.
79. My minor was in accounting.
80. I actually like doing my taxes.
81. I hate my small business bookkeeping though.
82. I want to learn more about digital scrapbooking.
83. I need to learn more about website design.
84. I love learning new things and learning has always been easy for me.
85. I think 84 counts for two!
86. I like to cook, but I hate doing the dishes afterward.
87. I hate laundry. I think my kids purposely put clean clothes in with the dirty ones.
88. I love it when it rains.
89. I like to curl up with a book when it's cold outside.
90. I love soup and rolls on a snowy day.
91. I love to scrapbook, but I don't have much time.
92. I HATE public speaking.
93. I read fast, and even faster when I'm nervous.
94. I'm shy and sometimes people think I'm just snotty. But I'm really not--just shy.
95. I don't like to take naps during the day. I wake up with a headache.
96. I don't fold socks. We have a laundry basket full of them. My poor kids just have to dig through the basket when they need some. Needless to say, their socks often don't match.
97. I'm really good at spelling.
98. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
99. My kids make life worth living. I'd be lost without them.
100. I'm thankful for all the new friends I've made through blogging! You guys are awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog and including me in your circle.
Storymakers 2nd Annual Midwest Writers Conference - *Date:* Saturday, Sept. 21st, 2013 *Time:* 8 am – 9 pm *Location:* Holiday Inn (8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS Phone: 913-888-8440) Hotel rooms are av...