Well, the summer is coming to an end, and along with it, the 2008 Summer Book Trek. I didn't make it to all the books on my list, and read a few I hadn't planned on. You can find my answers to the wrap-up questions below.
To see other wrap-ups visit the LDS Fiction blog.
1. How many fiction books by LDS authors did you read? Seven
2. Did you read more than you would have read if you hadn't participated in this book trek? No, I love to read. I usually would have read even more than that, but I'm working graveyard and can't seem to stay awake. Lately, sitting down with a book somehow tells my brain it's time to sleep.
3. Did the reviews posted by other participants influence which titles you read? How? No, I already had my books picked out. But I enjoyed the reviews and have added some new books to my reading list.
4. Did the Whitney awards influence which titles you read? How? No.
5. Did the many, many virtual blog tours that happened this summer influence which titles you read? How? The blog tours did influence what I read. I added several books to my list because I reviewed them for the blog tours.
6. Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why? No, see above post about my sleepy behavior.
7. Did you discover any new authors whom you now love? I didn't read anything I absolutely loved this summer.
8. Did you nominate any of the books you read for Whitney awards? Another thing on my to-do list.
9. Would you be interested in another LDS themed reading challenge either this winter, or next summer? I would definitely be interested. I think next time, I'll keep my list shorter. I don't need another thing to feel guilty about.
The Dating Experiment & a Guest Post from Elodia Strain - You guys, I'm so excited about Elodia Strain's new novel! I absolutely loved her previous books & this one promises to be just as fun to dive into. And ser...