Sep 11, 2008

"Quotes to Remember"

Each scrapbook is unique. No two will be alike, nor would we want them to be. However, most of the scrapbooks I've personally created are very similar. I like to add some originality to each of them and I've found that using quotes is one fun way to do that.

Quotes can be used as the journaling on your page, or simply as an embellishment. Famous quotes from a particular era are fun to have in your books. You can also include quotes from family members about the people in the pictures. These often mean more to the individual than just some random quote.

For baby books and children's scrapbooks, you can quote your child. You can add their favorite sayings, their 'first words', or funny things they say.

Adding quotes to your pages makes your scrapbook more 'readable' and interesting to look through. There are many meaningful quotes available that can get your message across when you just can't quite find the right words.

I've included a few of my favorite quotes below:

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." ~Winnie the Pooh

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain." ~Author Unknown

"In the eyes of a child...there is joy, there is laughter... there is hope, there is trust, a chance to shape the future..." ~Air Supply

"A child fills a place in your heart, you never knew was empty." ~Author Unknown

"One of a parent's best jobs is waiting at the bottom of a long slide." ~DeeAnn Stewart

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

There are tons of resources on the internet to find quotes on pretty much any subject. Check out this link for lots of ideas.

Return to the Neighborhood.

2 comments:

Nichole Giles said...

Fun quotes, Kim. I think the addition of quotes makes scrapbooks that much more fun to read.

Great ideas.

Nichole

Cathy said...

I love your ideas, Kim. Especially the one about using quotes from the person themself. I've kept quotes from my kids for years, mostly because they make me laugh. Using them next to a picture would be ideal.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...