Feb 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Heather!


Today is Heather Justesen's birthday.  I've known Heather for almost two years.  She is a member of my Super Edits critique group.  If you don't know her, you should really put that on your list of things to do.  She is one AMAZING WOMAN!!

I'm not exactly sure how she does it all.  She's a wife, works two part-time jobs, fixes computers, bakes and decorates unbelievable cakes, and moonlights as a zookeeper (dogs, cats, geese, fish, ducks, chickens, turkeys, guineas).  I'm really not sure how she manages to find time to write, but she does--in copious amounts, and extremely well.  Not only that, she drives and hour and a half each way to attend our critique group.  Is she crazy? 

Maybe so, but all her hard work has paid off.  Her debut novel, The Ball's in Her Court, was released in October and has been a huge success.  You can read my review of it here.  Her second novel, Rebound, is slated for release in the summer of 2010.   

If you want to learn more about her, or wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you can visit her at her website or blog.

Happy Birthday, Heather!  I'm grateful for your friendship.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Kim, I LOVE THIS!! What a cool thing to do. I never thought of posting a Happy Birthday message for a friend or fellow author. YOU ROCK!!

Happy Birthday Heather!!!!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Heather is amazing. She's fun and smart, and an awesome friend all around.

Keith N Fisher said...

Yes Happy birthday Heather. Great post Kim. I miss your old blog template, but You have done a good job with this.

Good luck with it and all your endeavors.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...