Mar 9, 2010

Interview with Rachelle Christensen

I recently had the opportunity to interview Rachelle Christensen about her recently released novel, "Wrong Number." 

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I’ve always loved to write, but I guess I didn’t consider myself “a writer” until a few years ago when I began pushing hard on my dreams of becoming published.

Is your book based on a personal experience? No, but some of the settings are personal. I don’t want to give anything away, but I’ll say that my family loves to take a family reunion every year to one of the settings.

How long did it take you to write the book?

I started this book in 2007, wrote two other books while I continued to work on this one and finished it in February 2009.

What books or authors have most influenced your writing?

Great question. I like to read a wide variety of books from children to YA to adult. I really like a good romance, but nothing too detailed. And yes, I love romantic suspense. It’s hard to pinpoint a certain author because I go through phases where I’ll gobble up everything I can by an author and then move on. I’ve read most of Mary Higgins Clark and love Agatha Christie. A favorite book of mine is Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart. You can check out my goodreads list of favorites and repeat-offenders to see more all time favorites.

What can we look for next? What current projects are you working on?

I’ve got a few things I’m working on. I’ve finished an inspirational romance that I love, called Wind Song and I’m enjoying writing my WIP-working title Caller ID, so I guess we’ll see what comes up first on the docket.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

It changes with the project I’m working on. One great thing I’ve noticed is that with each new book I write, I seem to overcome a writing weakness and my attention is drawn to something else I can work on. I had a lot of fun working on making the settings realistic in Wrong Number and invoking the five senses to draw the reader in.

Do you have any advice for other authors?

If you’re serious about writing, attend writers conferences and classes, join a great critique group, and write, write, write!

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I’m a stay at home mom of three young children, so that takes up most of my time. I love to laugh at the funny things my kids do and say each day. I also love music and singing. I’ve played the piano for 26 years and I still enjoy it, although I don’t get to play/practice as much as I used to.

Where can we find your books?

Anywhere books are sold. If you don’t see it, ask for it and they can order it in. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.

Any last words you want the reader to know?

Sure, check out my book trailer—it’s awesome! Stop by my blog, to see what I’m up to. Thank you so much for this interview! Happy reading and writing.

Click here to get a sneak peek of the first chapter of Wrong Number.

I'm participating in a HUGE contest.  We are giving away the Original Scrapbox ($895.00), as well as an autographed copy of Wrong Number, and my book, I'll Know You by Heart.

Also, don't forget to enter the "My Favorite Things" giveaway!








FacebookRSSTwitter

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm waiting for this book to get to my mailbox. I can't wait to start reading it! I love Agathe Christie and Mary Higgins Clark as well.

Great interview!

Keith N Fisher said...

great interview. Just keep writing is good advice.

Rachelle Christensen said...

Thanks, Kim! So fun to stop by your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard so much about this book. I'll really have to read it.

Autumn said...

Rachelle is so sweet! :)

Good questions, Kim.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...