Mar 24, 2010

A Message from "The Universe"

I've been sick since Sunday. Not just a little--like 104 degree temp, can't get out of bed sick. My sweet husband has been taking great care of me, but I'm tired of feeling yucky. Today, I finally got up and showered and I'm almost feeling human again.

I got online, and checked my email.  I receive an email every day from "The Universe." Sounds strange, I know. But they are always really inspiring.

Here is the message that was in my inbox this morning:
What if I told you, Kimberly, that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?
Well, guess what I did with it?  I threw it in the trash folder--immediately, thinking, that doesn't apply to me--I'm happy with what I have.   But then I saw this video on Facebook.  It's been going around a while, so you've probably seen it, but watch it again.  It's worth it!



This man is so inspiring.  There are many things he says that strike a chord in my heart, but today, this is the one that stood out:
"If you keep on concentrating on the things you wish you had, or the things that you wish you didn't have, you sort of forget what you do have."
So, that's my message for you today.  Focus on what is good in your life, be thankful for those things, and then the bad, yucky, no-good things, won't seem so daunting after all.

Love ya!!

5 comments:

Taffy said...

I hope you feel better! You can't be sick when spring is just around the corner teasing us.

Elana Johnson said...

Yuck. It's awful to be that sick. I hope you feel better soon.

And I'm with you. I totally am happy with what I have right now. I don't want to forget that I'm beyond blessed. Great reminders today.

Anonymous said...

This was an answer to a prayer I didn't want to utter, today. Thank you, Kim.

Nichole Giles said...

Fantastic advice, Kim. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you feel better very soon.

Kimberly T. said...

Thanks! I hope you're feeling better, too.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...