Mar 20, 2010

My First Review!

I signed up for google alerts, and I'm loving it!  Anytime my name or book title is mentioned anywhere online, I get an email and a link.  I received an email today that had a link to a review of my new book, I'll Know You by Heart.  It's the first unsolicited written review I've received, so it made me smile.  You can read the entire blog post here, but below are a few of the highlights!

". . . After BYU’s dramatic double overtime win, I casually picked up the book and thought that I’d read just the first chapter. Romance novels aren’t really my thing, but I’m a firm believer that a person should try to read outside of the genre they write in. I think that doing so makes one a better writer in whatever genre they’re focused on.

Long story short, after the first chapter I had to read the next. I didn’t finish reading it in just one day like Wendy did. The book was competing with the single greatest sporting event ever created for my attention. However, when I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m., I knew I wasn’t going to get back to sleep until I finished reading it. Yeah, the book is that good . . .

. . . Despite feeling my testosterone slip away like a boat leaving a safe harbor, I have to admit that if other romance novels are this good, I just might read another.  Before my maleness completely fades into obscurity I think that I’ll go turn March Madness on again. "
Thanks for the review, Dan!  I'm so glad to know someone enjoyed my book!  As a first-time author, you have no idea how sweet those words sound!







FacebookRSSTwitter

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

What a great review from a reader! Congrats Kim!

Angie said...

Congrats!

Dan Olsen said...

I was wondering how you knew I did that write up... ;-)

The book is very good. I'm glad that I decided to pick up a copy.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...